Warning: DOMDocument::load(http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/U56ZP3YrTM4) [domdocument.load]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 410 Gone in /home/content/73/9975673/html/www/asp17/plugins/content/mg_urvideo/mg_urvideo.php on line 472
Democracy is government of, by and for the people.
What is sovereignty
An outstanding definition of sovereignty is provided by Wikipedia - which is below:
For centuries past, the idea that a state could be sovereign was always connected to its ability to guarantee the best interests of its own citizens. Thus, if a state could not act in the best interests of its own citizens, it could not be thought of as a “sovereign” state.
Threats to our sovereignty
The sovereignty of Australia is under threat from many directions. Successive governments have been consistent in their unwillingness to act in the best interests of Australian citizens. Just 4 of the major threats that we currently face are given below.
Australia has signed 4,102 treaties with organisations such as the United Nations, the World Health Organisation, the World Trade Organisation and most other countries. Many may be necessary for economic reasons, but there are always a few that are a cancer to our sovereignty.
Australia is a participant in the negotiations for the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement. Watch the video adjacent to get a small glimpse of what this treaty is really about.
The ASP will stand against any treaty that is not in the interest of the citizens of Australia - and will never allow any foreign state or unelected bureaucratic body to dictate the fate or conduct of Australians.
A corporation is not a person - it has no soul and no conscience.
All over the world we are witnessing the merger of corporate interests with government power. This is leading to the destruction of the middle class and the transfer of wealth to the corporations.
None of this is news to those who work for a living and find that their jobs are constantly under threat from outsourcing, cheap imports and manufacturing being shipped overseas. Watch this video on Corporate Fascism to understand what the long term plan is.
Ignoring the will of the people
Let's have a look at some instances where the Australian government has ignored the will of the people:
The ASP will listen to the people of Australia and will act in their best interest. We will institute recall elections to remove any politician that says one thing and then does another.
Privatisation of our money supply
Just as banks can create money, the commercial banks can create money by double entry book keeping. So can central banks...
Professor Steve Keen
University of Western Sydney
Interview on 9 June 2012
The creation of our money supply has been privatised. If the Australian government does not reclaim its right to create our money supply (i.e. the Australian dollar), then it no longer has any sovereignty. This is a cornerstone of the ASP philosophy, and we will ensure that all money in Australia is created by the government for the benefit of all.
end of FAQ
Sovereignty in Australia
The ASP is non-negotiable on issues of national sovereignty. Just as every household in Australia believes that their home is their castle, we believe that our sovereign nation exists for our protection and benefit - outside the grasp of foreign entities and corporations.
- We will defend our sovereignty against offshore entities that exercise any form of influence over our government such as the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and the United Nations.
- We will ensure the self-sufficiency of Australia in the areas of food production and energy. Only items in surplus will be exported.
- We will support local manufacturing to reduce our dependence on imported goods. It is an insult to Australians to imply that we cannot manufacture quality goods at reasonable prices, while using local skills and materials.
- We will keep corporations out of politics since they are not electors, but merely legal fictions without any soul or conscience.
- We will exercise the prerogative of the government to create our money supply which will benefit all citizens and not just a select few.
- We will recall our troops from unjust wars and immoral exercises of corporate imperialism. We will increase defence spending and the capacity of our defense force to protect our nation and our border. Good fences make good neighbours.
- We will champion an Australian Bill of Rights that will secure our rights and liberties, and restrict the role of government to its proper sphere.
- We expect all citizens and immigrants to respect the different cultures in Australia.
- We expect all immigrants to make a sincere effort to assimilate into Australia and to communicate in English.
- We find it unacceptable that Australians have to be politically correct and apologise for our culture lest it offends anyone.
Videos - Sovereignty
Warning: DOMDocument::load(http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/0tlqrKaCmnw) [domdocument.load]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 410 Gone in /home/content/73/9975673/html/www/asp17/plugins/content/mg_urvideo/mg_urvideo.php on line 472
Warning: DOMDocument::load(http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos/8dcMfjHhdmw) [domdocument.load]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 410 Gone in /home/content/73/9975673/html/www/asp17/plugins/content/mg_urvideo/mg_urvideo.php on line 472